Thomas A. Livesley built the Capitol Center Office Building in 1927. Mr. Livesley also constructed the home in South Salem that is now the Governor's residence called "Mahonia Hall". Initially the Capitol Center Office Building was named the First National Bank Building. It has also been called the Capitol Tower.
The Capitol Center Office Building has eleven floors and was completely renovated in 1988. The fifth floor is the historic floor, which has been preserved and enhanced.
View from the Capitol Center rooftop across the parapet looking east or historic photographs of Capitol Center during its construction.